Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a lg plasma tv. It made a big pop noise and the screen

Customer Question

I have a lg plasma tv. It made a big pop noise and the screen went black. I still have audio but the screen is now red. what is the problem and is it worth it to have it fixed. Its about 5 yrs old
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

I'll need the model number. It'll be on the rear or side panel, probably on a sticker. Also, can you explain the "red" screen a bit more? Bright red?

Kindest regards,
Dan T.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you. give me a few minutes to get the info for you
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
No problem, I'll be here.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
model# 50px5d-ub.a8. The color as of now is a deep burgandy
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
I think I know what's going on here, but I'd like to see a picture to be sure. Please take a picture, then post it here using the paper clip icon that's just above where you're typing. Pictures have to be .jpg, .png or .gif and have a 1MB limit. If the icon doesn't work or if you don't have one, feel free to post the picture to or Just be sure to give me a link to it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
give me a few
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
No problem.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
where is the paperclip?
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Just above where you're typing... it should be next to the YouTube logo... and an Omega should be up there, too.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My computer is going to die, can I get in touch with you on a different computer?
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Of course. Just return to and log in... or, check your e-mail on the new computer and click the link the site sent when you listed the question.