Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have an LCD Sylvania 2007 TV model LC320SL8 and trying to

Customer Question

I have an LCD Sylvania 2007 TV model LC320SL8 and trying to find the code for the volume control on my comcast remote. Tried 0054,0030,0171,1271,1314,1963. Now it turns off and on but can not adjust the volume. Any advice
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 3 years ago.

Jack :

Hi and welcome to justanswer.

Jack :

I`m going to help you with your remote but first could you give me your cable box brand/model number ?

Jack :

Also, if you look closely at the bottom of the remote there might be a model number that starts with letters like RT ,URC ?

Customer:

xfinity cable box and RNQ-200 on the bottom of the cable box

Jack :

Hello, is that the number on the remote itself ?

Customer:

its the # XXXXX the bottom of the box, no #s on the comcast remote

Jack :

O.k could you please give me 10 minutes or so as i was talking to another customer while waiting for you?
I should be back shortly.

Customer:

could it be RNG? ok

Jack :

yes it could be, any numbers after that ?

Customer:

200

Customer:

the numbers are so small, we need a microscope to read them

Jack :

o.k , i should be back shortly

Jack :

Yes they are small !!!

Customer:

i was not on board with Mozilla before, thats what kept me from chatting with you @ 10 am

Customer:

Hey Jack, do you think any body will step up and get this volume problem takien care of in our lifetime with these TV's and the Univ. remote crap we constantly have to battle?

Customer:

I did have the volume with the other HD box, but they had to replace it with this one.

Jack :

Sorry to keep you waiting

Jack :

If you can operate the on/off with this remote then it means itis just a question of programming the remote

Jack :

Which cable company are you connected with ?

Customer:

comcast

Jack :

o.k i`ll check the comcast remote as i don`t see to find anything with the numbers you gave me.

Jack :

This time it won`t be long as i am with you.

Customer:

i will look again at the numbers

Customer:

the handheld remote has no numbers on it

Jack :

Any of these names anywhere; motorola,pace,scientific atlanta,cisco ?

Customer:

cisco yes

Customer:

model RNG-200

Jack :

o.k and if you look at this page (below) can you tell me which one looks like your remote ?

http://sitesearch.comcast.com/?cat=ccentral&q=remote+codes

Jack :

O.k thanks

Customer:

dark silver 4th on over

Jack :

o.k then i believe i have something for you

Jack :

Press and hold the "setup" key until it blinks twice and enter 993 , then press and release the TV key

Customer:

ok hold on

Customer:

Jack, usually its setup, tv blinks twice enter code and then press ppwer button

Customer:

nothing happened

Customer:

what about 0993

Jack :

o.k but this is to program the volume for the tv , no it would be 993,can you still turn the tv on and off with that remote ?

Customer:

yes

Jack :

o.k then Press and hold the "setup" key until it blinks twice and enter 993 , it should blink twice, then press and release the TV key

Customer:

the setup key does not blink, the TV blinks twice

Customer:

the TV key I mean

Customer:

nada

Jack :

how about after you enter 993 does something blink twice ?

Jack :

Actually when you press and hold the setup key there should be a red light that blinks twice

Customer:

The TV key

Jack :

the red programming light doesn`t come on ?

Customer:

from L-R on the top of the remote are: aux,TV,Cable,POWER,SETUP

Jack :

Yes o.k then we`ll try the global volume unlock
Try the same sequence but this time press volume + after the 993 code

Jack :

then press the tv key and try the volume

Customer:

when I hold the volume+ down, the TV key lights up solid

Customer:

now

Jack :

does it do anything on the tv ?

Customer:

no

Jack :

o.k that was the global unlock so now you can try again with the first sequence, that is to press the tv key after 993

Customer:

so it is now: hold setup tv key blinks twice enter 993 then tv again

Jack :

yes

Customer:

Sorry Jack not working

Jack :

o.k something to make sure perhaps,before pressing the setup key press the tv key and then that sequence,

Jack :

also wwas there any other codes that would operate your tv ?

Customer:

okhold on

Jack :

Was it a 4 or 5 digit code for your tv ?

Jack :

something like this ; 10171, 11963, 11271, 10187, 10030, 11314, 10587

Customer:

tried the 4 and 5 codes

Customer:

let me try that 10587 or 0587

Customer:

nothing so crazy

Jack :

Actually i believe your code should be 0054

Customer:

I will try it

Customer:

no nothing happens

Customer:

who makes Sylvania

Jack :

Usually Funai
And i believe also that we have tried everything in the manual i have here and somehow it still doesn`t work.
So i guess my bag of trick is empty and perhaps the best opyion would be to contact comcast in your area (sorry)

Jack :

Whatever the code, the procedure always stay the same as the one i gave you.

Jack :

So i will opt out and wish you good luck with it.

Customer:

thank you Jack you tried

Jack :

o.k good luck

Jack, Technician
Experience: 35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
Expert:  Jack replied 3 years ago.

Hello, thank you for the accept even though i had opted out.

Did you get anywhere with the cable company about their remote ?