Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

how do i program my samsung tv remote to work on daytek dvd

how do i program my samsung tv remote to work on daytek dvd player?
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 5 years ago.

Electronics Pete :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Electronics Pete :

Can you please check the model number of your remote control?

Electronics Pete :

I don't recognize the model number you have posted.

Electronics Pete :

If you have not programmed your Samsung remote control for any devices before, the procedure for a typical Samsung universal remote control is:

• Press the "Code Search" button until the indicator light comes on, then release the button.

• Press the "DVD" button. After you press and release the DVD button on the remote, the light should blink once and then stay lit.

• Enter the three-digit code (there is no offical code for Daytek models, so you may find that not all functions are possible with your Samsung universal remote control). You can try code 099 to see if this works for you.

• Electronics Pete :

When you have entered the code, point the remote control at the DVD player and press the "On-Off" button. If your DVD player turns off, you have used the right code. If nothing happens, put in a different code.

JACUSTOMER-unla0eop- :

there is no "code search" button

Electronics Pete :

Ok, can you please check the model number of your remote control again?

JACUSTOMER-unla0eop- :

oh!! 00687a

Electronics Pete :

Ok, on the 687a, press the DVDmode button near the top of the Samsung remote to start the process.
    Then press the Set button on the Samsung remote once. Do not hold it down. Once you have done this, quickly but firmly press the code i099 nto the remote using the number pad in the center.

Electronics Pete :

Try pressing the power button on the remote now - your DVD player should turn on. The remote is now programmed.