Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.

what is the best 32 inch tv, at a reasonable price, on the

what is the best 32 inch tv, at a reasonable price, on the market today
Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

"Best" can mean a lot of things. What are you planning to use it for? Are you planning to use the TV as a sound source, or another audio setup like a home theater? Also, what is "reasonable"?

Kindest regards,
Dan T.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, as a sound source for now, and reasonable refers to price- between $200-$400
Ok, and what kind of things do you plan to watch? DVD, BluRay, Netflix? Also, who is your cable service provider?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes i plan to watch dvd and bluray, i live in the bahamas so you may not be formiliar with my service provider, Cable Bahams, they send out a digital signal with some channels in HD, i dont know if that info will help you

Ok, here's the dilemma... BluRay (and upcoming technologies, no doubt) are designed for 1080p displays; and while $400 can get you a 32" 1080p TV, it's not going to be a trusted name (Sony, Sharp, etc.). For example, Best Buy carries the Insignia brand... and they have a couple models that meet your requirements. If it was my money, I wouldn't buy one of these (or similar) TVs. Dynex, Insignia, Westinghouse, etc, etc. Awful reliability, poor customer service and warranty support.

My advice? Spend a little more (less than $100 more) and opt for a solid brand. For example, the Sony KDL32BX420 is a great model that will do everything you require. Best Buy has it on sale for $479... has it for $470. You might be able to find a better deal that that. So, take a look at that Sony... also the Toshiba 32E200U is similar to the Sony, both in specs and price.

More questions? Just ask. If not, please click "Accept."

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

do any of these tv's come with a projection lamp or bulb, it gets a little frustrating replacing bulbs every year, feels as if your buying the tv all over again

I totally understand your frustration over projection lamps... what an awful piece of the technology time line those things were. No, these new TVs are lit with CCFLs... some are LEDs. Either way, no bulbs to replace.