bluextc89, Technician
Experience:  Small Business Owner.

i have a norcent lt-1931 tv. it is hook to cable which checks

i have a norcent lt-1931 tv. it is hook to cable which checks out ok. channel 2 - 52 will not come in but the higher hd channels will come in. this all happen overnight.
Thanks for stopping by.

Do you have a cable box - or is it fed directly with a coaxial cable?
What kind of cable method are you using to get the signal to the TV?
Are all other functions of the set working properly?
And what is the approximate age of the TV?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i (do not) have a cable box. fed direct from coaxial year old tv. function are working. straight from nothland cable tv and was working great before. hook another tv to the cable line and it worked ok.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

did you get my reply?

Yes - thanks - busy day today. Laughing

Please unplug the set for 20 minutes to ensure that a menu setting wasnt inadvertently changed, and then plug back, and re-try.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

unpluged for over one hour. same as before. forgot to tell you when i change channel on the lower channel i can hear sound of tv for a split secound. also some times when watching the high channels the tv will cut off all by it self.

ok - this changes the ball-game.

The fault lies in the Tuner board of your set, and must be replaced.
Is the TV still under warranty?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no warranty. where can i get a tuner board.

The easiest way will be to disassemble, and get the actual part number from the board. It may be LG, Samsung, or any other leftover board.

Then I can help you look for a replacement.
The coaxial cable screws directly into the tuner, and is not difficult to locate.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the whole tuner boart # XXXXX XXXXX

This is an OLD viewsonic board, and very difficult to locate a spare for... it is over 6 years old.... and if a common problem - supply will run short quickly.

Your best opportunity of snagging one would likely be in a bricked unit. The Viewsonic NX1932W uses the same tuner.

Then comes the issue - do you want to spend $30 on the tuner board - or buy THIS entire set for $50 ?

I am unable to find an A/V board for replacement after checking 11 different sources... and recommend not spending much more time and money on this unit. These are very expensive "disposable" tvs.

Good Luck, and please accept my answer to remove it from the work queue.