TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

i have amitsubishi model 638serier c10 series home theater

Customer Question

i have amitsubishi model 638serier c10 series home theater tv.dip 3d ready please tell me all what i need for this tv to see 3d i have 3d dlp glasses and 3d adapter and i am with comcast cable what else do i need. will i need a blu-ray dvd player with my dlp 3d ready tv
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

You don't need a Blu Ray unless you aren't paying for 3D services from Comcast.

You may need the Cable guy to come out, and setup your Cable box for 3D services, because most boxes are setup for a 1080i signal, and you have to set it up for 1080P signal so the box can deliver a 3D signal.

Also, if you DO NOT have a HDMI 1.3a rated cable, you should get one, and HDMI 1.4 is BETTER !

No HDMI 1.1 or 1.2 allowed....

Now, I think Cable uses the top/bottom 3D signal, so you have to set your TV up to deliver Top/Bottom, not Side by Side or Checkerboard.

So when you access your 3D settings in your TV''s menu, make sure it matches what the Cable box is delivering.

Now, usually 3D never works the first time you set it up. You'd be lucky if it did.

That's one reason I say -- Get the cable guy out. He'll setup the cable box, then when it doensn't work, he'll check your TV for you.

Then when he gets all confused and says your TV is broke, then that's when I come out, and check your TV and your glasses and your cable box....

Now, I can't get you any PICTURES of the important settings you MUST HAVE --

Model: 638 series c10 series isn't a model -- WD-60638 is.

Hmm, I don't like THIS --

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

The GREEN highlight may kill the entire cable setup....

If your TV ONLY does checkerboard, and the Cable box ONLY does Top/Bottom, then the two units are incompatible !!

You bought the 3D technology in it's infancy I'll bet.

You see, checkerboard was the original 3D technology, then they came out with side by side and top/bottom formats in 2010. Now they are adding Frame sequential and Line by line formats too.

Usually it's not a problem if they at LEAST use the original format, but I'm just not sure if the Cable box can deliver Checkerboard format or not.....

You will want to talk to the Cable guys about that....

Pray they have it.

If not, time to buy a 3D DVD player so you can enjoy 3D DVDs at least.

If you have any questions, just ask

If you are finished, please press the ACCEPT button.

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.