Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I need the codes for programming a Magnavox VCR/DVD Combo player

I need the codes for programming a Magnavox VCR/DVD Combo player model #DV220MW9A for a universal remote control.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Initially, the Magnavox DV220MW9A is a rebranded Funai product. Most Funai products are not compatible with substitute nor universal remote controls. Almost always, an original is required

Offhand, if even Funai codes would not work, then an original is required. This model uses either an NB677UD or an NB627UD remote control. Should you be interested, an original may be inquired by clicking HERE.

Good luck and thank you for asking.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have an original remote for this player. However, I am using it with a Panasonic TV. The original remote for this TV has to have the VCR/DVD used with it programmed. We had a Panasoic player for which we easily found the code so that we could use only one remote.
When we replaced it, the player I asked about is what we purchased. I guess we are left in the position of having to use 2 remotes. Thank you for your answer. Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX
Appreciate the accept.

I regret that there is no easy solution as it is a hardware limitation.

Good luck and thank you for asking.