Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE

I have a Phillips 32PFL5322D/37 tv that is about 2 1/2 years

I have a Phillips 32PFL5322D/37 tv that is about 2 1/2 years old. Recently the TV stopped working. All I see is 8 red blinking lights when I try to power-up. After reading multiple threads and suggestions I replaced the Power Supply Unit but still no change in the 8 red blinking lights. I have a power aux board coming in the mail and I plan to install. I am out of ideas here. Any other possibilities? It seems everyone is having the same problem with this TV. There must be a reason.
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 3 years ago.

Hello [Sir/Ms], My name is XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem,

you already replaced the power already so your answer has to be the main board,, not another power supply

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Anything beyond the main board? I just ordered one.
no you will be ok with the main board
Rick williams, Technician
Experience: 20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok Rick, I just installed new main board and still get the 8 blinks when attempting to power up. I then installed a power aux board since I had the new part. So I replaced, Power supply unit, main board and power aux. Still doesn't work.

unbelievable you replaced all parts,,??? main board power supply,, and aux power supply correct

give me the chassis number on the back,,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
EJ3. OU LA

Could it be a faulty power cord?

ok and you replaced the boards i circled,, it can be your cables and the connectors

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I replaced the 3 boards you circled. No change to the blinks either, still 8.
When you say cables and connectors? You mean?
you replaced these parts,, these cables had to have been plugged back in Agree,, try unplugging all from the ambilight power supply turn on see what happens and also check all cables carefully
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ambilight power supply?
Where is that found? I checked all the cables but will do again
i sent you pictures of the unit,, now you sound like someone that doesnt know whats going on,, did you get the pictures and opened them they have names printed next to them,, if you replaced these boards you should know what they are???
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yeah, sorry I just didn't know the board by name. I will unplug everything from Ambilight.

just speaker then ambilights

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Unplugged both connections from ambilight. No change.
speakers also,, and have you checked the cables carefully,, if so take your meter,, and check if 24vdc is going into the inverters,,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Disconnected speakers with Ambilight connected, then disconnecting both speakers and Ambilight. My experitise ends with using a meter. I own a volt meter but have not used it in years. This is my first attempt to fix a TV. I am at a loss. It seems like PSU and Main board fixed other peoples issues with this TV. I do and have all along seen one blue blink prior to the eight red blinks. I don't think I mentioned it, but figured I would throw it out.
Outside of metering, any other possibilities?
only the cables,, you have covered all possibilities for some one with out experience,, voltage checks seems to be required,, but sure dont want you to waist more money on this monster,, i would really check all cables,, the only parts left are lights and the panel,, a shorted ambilight can cause it,, but not sure how far your willing to go,, will tell you I do agree main board or power is a normal repair but philips blinking code means nothing not even in the manual,, you can also try disconnecting the IR board and try,, if those cable connections are ok all pins are straight the only other parts are the ambilights and the panel,, look closely at the lights you may see something burnt,, good luck buddy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Rick for you patience. I double checked all the cables with flashlight and magnifier. Everything looks good. I tried the IR board and nothing changed. I did disconnect the Side I/O board and when I did got no lights when powering up. Not sure if that means anything. Unless it does, I will move on from here. What a shame, only 2 years old. I do appreicate all your time and efforts.
your welcome,, but when you remove the IR use the remote control