Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have no remote for my Sylvania HDTV but my screen needs to

Customer Question

I have no remote for my Sylvania HDTV but my screen needs to be adjusted to fit. How can I do this with no remote?
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, etc.)
-What do you mean by needs to fit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

LC370SS8 is the Model Number.

The manufacture date is in 2007.

Yes it is for all components.

By fitted I mean I cant see the ouside parts of the picutre. For example, you know how when you watch the news on tv you can usually see a logo for the channel on the bottom right hand corner along with the time and temperature?

Well I cant see any of that. Its like my picture has stretched all different directions. There was an option on my remote to fix the screen to whatever I desired it to be. But the tv itself doesnt have the same capability as the remote did and i cant seam to get a universal remote to be programmed with the tv either.

Thanks

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
There is no screen mode setting in the menu of the tv?

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

There is a screen mode for my tv how ever the tv is stuck on a cinematic view witch was from the remote. Now I can change the screen to strech the picture but it wont go back into a full screen mode. the smallest option I can get from the tv is narrow but it only brings in the left and right sides to the picture leaving me unable to see the top or bottom still.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
I am not sure then, let me opt out and see if any other experts have seen this.

TIm