bluextc89
bluextc89, Technician
Experience:  Small Business Owner.
22516588

hello i have a toshiba tv 32AV502R. The screen is displaying

hello i have a toshiba tv 32AV502R. The screen is displaying on half of the panel, please let me know if the lcd is faulty or the inverter is faulty
Category: TV
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for stopping by - is 1/2 the display BLACK - or white noise?

Does it ever return?

And is the HALF that is missing on TOP, or BOTTOM?
Or
LEFT and RIGHT?

Thanks!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no it never returns and the missing half is at bottom so the top half displays but bottom half does not.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the half of the display is blank or blak no display at all on bottom half. it is similar to a CRT with vertical collapse
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
await your response
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am an electronics enginner and would be able to repar fault to component level, if fault is in inverter or on main board
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.

This seems to be an issue with the Lower Y SUS/Buffer board in your set. It cannot be repaired on the component level - it must be replaced.

After you remove the back of the set - you will find two circuit boards on one side of the panel (usually on the left as viewed from the back) and only one circuit board on the other side.

The side with two boards will have one feeding the top half of the screen and the one board below it is the lower buffer board.

Just remove the board and replace it. there is no adjustments needed, but there may be shields and other boards needed to be removed to get to this board. Each model is different.

A service manual can help you tremendously:

CLICK HERE for one.

Thanks!!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am lloking at the tv sewt and there are 3 boards 1 main board with tuner 1 inverter driver board and one power supply board. the screen is connected via a board at the top please advise on what board i should be replacing?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
the description of the tv layout recieved does not match the model of the set which i have
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Optional Information:
Make: toshiba
Model: 32AV502R

the above model is what i am asking about

Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for the misunderstanding - I did not realize this was a foreign set by the model number.

i see this is a 32" LCD without much documentation.

Most LCDs under 40" do not have a separate Y Buffer circuitry.

Instead this set uses a T-CON board which is your problem.

Try to replace t-con board that is located on top center of lcd panel and would be covered under metal shield.

This is the board you described as "the screen is connected via a board at the top" - that is the T-CON board.

Without the documentation (service manual) I cannot offer you a replacement part number. It should be silkscreened on the board.

If you need help with finding a replacement - please reply.

Thanks!!

bluextc89, Technician
Experience: Small Business Owner.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your help. I have removed the board. please assist me to find a replacement board.