TV Answerman
TV Answerman, Technician
Experience:  Licensed to work on all aircraft and shipboard electronic systems including radar displays
24991566

how do I adjust the lamps on my sony projection TV

how do I adjust the lamps on my sony projection TV? I am getting double images and was told the lamps are out in line.
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Answerman replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'll need the model number to access your manual to be sure, but here are the generic instructions.

1. Go to the setup menu. First turn on your Sony Projection TV. On the remote control press the "Menu" button. Scroll the cursor to the "Setup" option by using the up and down arrows on the remote. Once you have "Setup" highlighted press "Return."
  2. Bring up the convergence screen. Move the cursor to "Convergence" by using the up and down arrows on the remote. Once the convergence adjustment screen is up press "Return."
  3. Adjust the lines. Press the arrow to move the cursor to the line you would like to adjust. You will move the cursor to either the vertical or horizontal for the red and blue lines. Press "Return" once you have selected the line that you want to adjust. Now press the arrow again to move the line until it meets with the center green line on your Sony Projection TV screen, and then press "Return"
  4. Repeat the adjustment. Repeat the above process for all of the other lines until all three lines meet with the center green line. You will know that you have done this properly because all the lines will be seen as a white cross on your screen.
  5. Exit the convergence menu. To exit the convergence menu press the "Menu" button. This will return you back to the original TV screen. You have completed setting the convergence on your Sony Projection TV.
Please let me know if it's still out of alignment.

Rob