bluextc89
bluextc89, Technician
Experience:  Small Business Owner.
22516588

My 42inch LG LCD is asking for a parental control pin but not

My 42inch LG LCD is asking for a parental control pin but not allowing me to put it in. I can't exit the page. When i switched on the TV this morning the set was on the parental control menu. It looks like three of the for required pin-digits have been entered, which I didn't do.
How can I exit from this frozen page?
Category: TV
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for stopping by:
Do you have the original remote for the set?
And are you able to power it down with the remote?

With your reply - please locate the exact model number from the back of the set (near the power plug) to help determine the problem.

Thanks!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In work at the moment. Will be able to give you the model in a couple of hours. Remote is original. Will have to double check if I can still turn off the set with it. Thanks.
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.
No problem - your question remains in your account, and I will be notified when you reply.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, the model is 42LG2000. Remote can turn on/off TV.
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for that information.

To remove the parental lock on your set -

Press 7 7 7 7 as the default "master unlock"

Let me know if this solves your issue.

Thanks!
bluextc89, Technician
Experience: Small Business Owner.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, didn't work. I went to the options page and entered 7777, but when when I exit that page, it I remain on the original frozen blue screen titled 'user setting'. The sub heading is 'parental lock' and there's a pop up box also frozen that says 'enter pin code'. I can't use any navigation on this page. Any idea?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Wait! It's working. Job done. Many Thanks!
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome.

I suggest writing the master code on the back of the set - near the manufacture tag for easy retrieval.

Seems easy to remember - but 2 years from now - you'll be trying to remember.

Yell