Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have Mitsubishi 52 dlp; the status light blinks YELLOW

Customer Question

<p>I have Mitsubishi 52" dlp; the status light blinks YELLOW and I have NO picture, sound, or Power. I am informed that it is High Output capacitor; how can I locate the CORRECT capitor to replace?</p><p> </p><p>I need a specific location or diagram of the correct component.</p>
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-Is it blinking a code? (example 6 blinks pause 6 blinks pause repeat)
-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Obviously, you are unable to assist; as stated : the unit Blinks [YELLOW light, not green] CONTINOUSLY off and on. As an EXPERIENCED actual repairman myself, I continually come across 'service techs' that do NOT comprehend actual problems but rather theories read or recalled from a class or a book. I wasn't expecting another lost cause.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.
Good bye.

Tim
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 years ago.

A blinking Yellow light indicates the Tv thinks the Filter Door Cover is not secure. There is a tiny switch that is depressed by a tab on the Filter Door Cover. If that switch is not closed the Tv will not power on at all.