Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
10191312

I have a 2005 toshiba 52HM84 DLP projection television, model

I have a 2005 toshiba 52HM84 DLP projection television, model number CE27C15. I just changed the bulb. The bulb seems to work fine, I have changed the bulb previously. However, I now get a message that says the tv will not accept HDCP and instructs me to unplug the hdmi cable and connect using components hookups. I also have other equipment connected .... a cable box, Panasonic HD Blu ray dvd, etc. so I do not wish to change the current configuration as it was working just fine prior to me changing the bulb.

What to do??

gary
Hello [Sir/Ms], My name is XXXXX XXXXX Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, ok pull the power to all devices for 90secs,, you simply have a handshake issue this is what its called,, let me know
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Tried that twice. It did not work. Getting a message about copy protection and that HDMI is blocked. Message header says DVI Alert. Then it says that my tv does not support HDCP and to disconnect the HDMI and connect via component cables.

What to try next?
ok while tv tv is off and the box is on unplug and replug HDMI cable,, if this doesnt work do the opposite tv on box off,, let me know
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Neither worked. I did the tv first then the box. Getting message..
"Copy Protection DVI/HDMI is blocked. Exit to cancel.

I understand what you are saying.....we are basically rebooting however this has not worked yet. Next

thanks
gary
ok Gary,, one last test if you can if you have a dvd player with hdmi can you try it,, and if this doesnt work or you cant,, then you will need a digital board,, it has the HDMI connector and processor on it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Okay. I tried the Panasonic Blu Ray. It works fine. Good pic, it is all there. So the tv only blocks hdmi from the box??

Why is that??

thanks
gary
thanks for making our lives easier,, and cheaper for you,, Simple,, contact the cable company please,, tell them your box isn't working,, LOL good job Gary