2lego
2lego, Technician
Experience:  Professional audiovisual and electrical engineer with prior experience as commercial and residential electrician.
52243799

How do I connect a Sony DVP-SR200P CD DVD Player to my 32

How do I connect a Sony DVP-SR200P CD?DVD Player to my 32" Emerson LC320EMX? Thanks. Nancy
Category: TV
Expert:  2lego replied 3 years ago.

2lego :

Hello, and welcome to Just Answer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm happy to help you here.

2lego :

The connection from the Sony DVD player to the TV will be with a component video cable and stereo audio. Let me get a picture of that cable for you.

2lego :

This cable is for sale at Amazon right now for $10, or you could by a similar cable locally. I've included the link below for you too.

2lego :

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Unlimited-AUD-1380-06-Component-Video/dp/B000F3Q7HM/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1299610742&sr=1-5

Customer:

Oh I don

2lego :

The connection between the TV and the DVD player will be color for color, so it will be pretty simple when you look at the back panel of both.

Customer:

I don't have that. I only have yellow, red & white.

2lego :

Okay, that will also work.

2lego :

Connect the yellow, red, white to the composite video and audio L/R output on the DVD player.

2lego :

Now, use the same cable to connect to the back of the TV, color for color. These connectors on the TV will be located at the bottom of the connection panel.

2lego :

When you have the TV on you will also want to press the input button to change the video source until you find the DVD player. This will most likely be AV1 or VID1 on the screen.

2lego :

The increase in video quality between composite video (yellow cable) versus component video (what I described earlier) is significant, so it would be a worth while investment to get the other cable when your ready.

Customer:

On the composite video and audio l/r output on dvd player I have green, red, orange and red.

2lego :

The composite output will be the yellow connector in the upper left hand corner as you look at the back panel. The audio connections will be red and white and on the far right side of the panel.

2lego :

Let me know if your seeing that correctly as I described it.

Customer:

There is white in far right upper hand and red is directly below. It is marked audio out.

2lego :

Yes, those are the two connectors that your cable will plug into. The yellow connector will plug into the upper left yellow connector.

2lego :

This process will duplicate behind the TV on the bottom of the connection panel.

2lego :

This should be what your seeing.

2lego :

I apologize, I had the TV connections improperly described. The connections on the TV will be located on the right side as you look at the screen of the TV. Emerson did not put an additional set in the back of the TV, so the composite video and audio connections are on the side. It will be the yellow connector followed by the red and white connectors below it.

2lego :

If you don't mind the look of the cables on the side this connection will work fine. If you want to get the cables behind the TV you'll need to purchase the other cables I described above.

Customer:

On back of tv on left side is audio with white & red far right there is component and is from top to boXXXXX XXXXX, blue, red and down below is hdm white red and yellow. There is also a place on side of tv that reads video, l, r. Which do I use

2lego :

You will need to use the connection on the side of the TV, which was labeled video, L, R.

2lego :

You will match color for color again.

2lego :

Let me know how your doing. Your getting close to the finish line now...and ready to enjoy a movie.

Customer:

Thank you!!!!!!!! You have made my day. I have really been missing my DVDs

2lego :

Excellent, I'm glad its working.

2lego :

When your ready you can upgrade to the component video connection and get an even better picture.

Customer:

Is that the red, blue & green or is that the flat tipped plug?

2lego :

That would be the red, blue, green plugs. Your DVD player does not have the flat tipped thing (which is HDMI), so you don't need to worry about that for now. If you get a new DVD player you want to get a flat tiipped (HDMI) cable. I like your flat tipped discription.

2lego :

If you have any other question on this or on another question down the road just come back to Just Answer and let me know. If you found this information and conversation helpful today then select the ACCEPT button.

2lego :

Enjoy your movies again,

2lego :

Troy

2lego, Technician
Experience: Professional audiovisual and electrical engineer with prior experience as commercial and residential electrician.