PramitP, Technician
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University

my panasonic plasma tv not powering on the led light flashing

Customer Question

my panasonic plasma tv not powering on the led light flashing green for a few seconds then it goes back to red and then cut off. can you help me
Category: TV
Expert:  PramitP replied 5 years ago.

First of all welcome to Justanswer. My name is Pramit. Before I start, have you tried unplugging the TV for 4-5 hours? What is the exact model no.?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

plasma panasonic model no. Pt 56LCZ70 Itry unpluging it already but it still no working. I was working last night. the red light is flashing and not stoping. When I turn on the power the green light comes and that it

Expert:  PramitP replied 5 years ago.
How many times does the red light flash?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

has not check it but it flashes a lot also the green flashes a lot when i power it on and when i turn it off the red light remaing flashing for a long while the tv still not powering on

Expert:  PramitP replied 5 years ago.
How old is the set?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

2007.....4yrs old

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
im still waiting for an answer on my tv
Expert:  PramitP replied 5 years ago.
I think there is something wrong here. I had posted "When was the lamp changed last time?" but I guess it was never posted. Must be some problem with my internet or Justanswer. No worries, thank you for your follow-up and my apologies for the inconvenience. Now we can get back to the issue. When was the lamp changed last time?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I never change d lamp since I bought it
Expert:  PramitP replied 5 years ago.
This set uses Panasonic's LIFI lamp. Most likely you'll have to replace to replace the lamp. A lamp usually lasts for 2-3 years depending on the running of the set. You can buy the lamp from HERE but it is on backorder so shipping will take some time. I'd recommend you to contact Panasonic because they were giving 5 years warranty on the lamp part excluding the labor. Which means you'll have to pay the labor charge only, i.e. around $200 because installing lamp on this set is not easy. You can contact Panasonic by clicking on the link below.
One more thing, there are two reasons why I believe it is the lamp. First, it has been running since past 4 years without replacement. Second, when a lamp fails, TV fails to turn on. Although there are different reason when the protection circuit prevents the set from turning on, like a power supply failure or fan failure etc.
Let me know if you've got any queries.

Please click the green ACCEPT button if you like my help. Please DO NOT ACCEPT IF you wish to leave a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always appreciated
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks for the help but i live in trinidad i will have to order the part and have someone install it here thanks again