TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

How would i set my 47" led/lcd with intelligent sensor to always

Customer Question

How would i set my 47" led/lcd with intelligent sensor to always have the bright clear picture it has when the room is full of light, is their a way to copy those setting with the expert picture tool?
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

Actually if you turn off the intelligent sensor on your TV set the sensor doesn't track the room lighting and it STAYs nice and bright.

A lot of my customers do that when they complain the picture doesn't stay bright and clear.

If you have any questions, just ask

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how do i turn off the intelligent sensor without changing the setting?
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

We'll need you to get your TV's MODEL number and post it here.

Look on the LEFT side of your TV for a "product service number" sticker, that is the full MODEL number of your TV set.

Or you can look on the BACK of the TV for the general model number.

Get that, and I can help.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model # XXXXX - UC

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

Ok, the Intelligent Sensor is in the Picture control settings in your TV's menu, turn it off.

You'll find it in the ECO subpage.

Here is a picture of where to find it.

graphic

Don't set it for anything else except off...

You want that TV to keep the ideal settings, you only choose that.

If you have any questions, just ask

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry i had to leave for awhile. I followed your instuctions but when i get to step 3 in the menu only auto and screen off are highlighted, the off selection is grayed out. I can only use that option if i choose another setting like standard or sports and than the picture changes to that setting.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I followed your instuctions but when i get to step 3 in the menu only auto and screen off are highlighted, the off selection is grayed out. I can only use that option if i choose another setting like standard or sportss and than the picture changes to that setting.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

Yes, some picture settings will lock out the ECO saving feature of your TV set, and if you choose those due to the brightness /contrast settings, you want to select one that you can turn it off, then set your brightness and contrast settings in that choice.

Now, Brightness should be set to 50% and Contrast/Picture set to 100% for a VIVID picture.

Philips built their TV set that way to get the Energy Star rating....but that doesn't mean you are forced to keep it set that way. Philips knew the TV would look better with the ECO settings turned off, but when you buy an Energy Star Rated TV set, they are forced to make sure the ECO settings are turned ON right out of the box, so you have to MAKE your TV set NON-ECO...understand what I mean by that?

All TV manufacturers have to do that to their settings if they want that (not so popular) Energy Star rating.

Somewhere a Tree- Hugger hugs his TV set as the picture blanks out on him because he hasn't touched the remote in the last 45 minutes....

If you have any questions, just ask

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.