Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
10191312

Any ideas why my Haier HL26P2 tv has sound but has no picture

Customer Question

Any ideas why my Haier HL26P2 tv has sound but has no picture most of the time? If their is any type of picture,The picture is very "snowy" and what I can barley see skips.
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 3 years ago.

Hello [Sir/Ms], My name is XXXXX XXXXX Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem,

( please click on high lighted words) demo of inverter replacement..

First make sure to hit the menu button on the TV's remote while the screen is black, and if you have sound, and nothing is there then friend while the set is on turn a bright flashlight on and shine at angle into the set push the TV menu button if you can see a image then your back light is not working. You can also check the transformers they are close to were the wires plug into the panel, make sure all transformers read the same amount of resistance if not you have found a bad one. Now you will have to check to see if the power supply is sending 24v to the back light, if not the power supply is bad. Cost back lights around 150.00 and power supplies around 100.00. Well this should help you friend.

Here is a link to better understand the inverter. Within the power supply the capacitors

Please let me know if you want to try this yourself, or if there is anything else I can do for you!

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I can see color in my picture. It is cut in half, so I see double, but it is very snowy and I can barley make out the picture. Even when I hit the menu button, and I can see the outside box of the menu but can't see anything.
ok it is very dark,, well do you agree with me or not
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No it is not very dark! The picture is being shown double and is fuzzy. The reason I can't see anything when the menu box comes up is because it is fuzzy and blurry.

Gotcha,,

this is a T-conn board issue or a main board

First let me say sorry I don't have a quick fix for this problem.

The problem you are describing is a very common one in LCD sets like yours. The T-conn circuit has failed and will require board replacement in order to get the set working again. This repair should be done by a qualified technician, these sets can be dangerous to someone who does not know where not to touch, also it is very easy to cause more bad than good if you don't know what you are doing. If your going to complete this repair yourself please let me know and I will give you instructions on how to complete this repair. Parts can cost you anywhere from 50-100 bucks depending on where you buy them at. But remember I have seen quite a few people destroy perfectly good sets by not knowing what they are doing so just take that as a caution.

A good repair shop will run you somewhere between $100-$200 to repair this for you.