Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

my 61 inch samsung flat screen...model HL61A750A1FXZA...has

Customer Question

my 61 inch samsung flat screen...model HL61A750A1FXZA...has white spots that have suddenly appeared on the screen. More every day. I live in Costa Rica and am told by a local tech that I need a new DLP Chip to correct the problem. Where can I get this and approximately what does it cost?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer

Please just to confirm what you have said please could you just check....

Does the spots appear on other inputs like a dvd or vcr or game please?

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control can you still see these spots over the menu screen?

How long have you owned the set from new please?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the spots are always on the screen. With menu pressed you can still see the spots.
Set is about 2 and half years old. Tech here says a I need a DLP Chip. Would take him more than a month to order from here in Costa Rica. I can do it much faster with a friend in the States if you can tell where I can get the DLP Chip...thanks.

The chip is available here

A word of warning.....replacing this chip is not easy and the risk of damage to the DMD board which the chip is on is high because of the fragile connections, also once the chip is fitted in the DMD board alignment is hell, you will need 2 people to carry this out to get any where near right also that board is calibrated for your chip ideally you need the chip and board together but the cost is high at $400+ from memory

I see you have logistical problems here but samsung where extending the warrenty for this fault and I have heard they were repairing this for free no matter how old the set so if you have a samsung agent near you its worth looking into, for US

then find the support number or email

Let me know if you need more info please