TVGURU
TVGURU, Technician
Experience:  15+ yrs in Consumer Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer, Voice & Data Industry
36856233

WE HAVE A MITSUBISHI WD57733 ABOUT 4 YEARS OLD AND THE RED

WE HAVE A MITSUBISHI WD57733 ABOUT 4 YEARS OLD AND THE RED LAMP LIGHT IS ON ON THE FRONT BOTTOM RIGHT OF THE TV. WE GET SOUND BUT NO PICTURE. I THINK THE BULB IS OUT??
Hi there and thank you for using JA. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to assist you.
It sure does sound like your lamp has burnt out. They do make these TVs so that you can replace the lamps yourself. It's truly up to your own comport level whether or not you want to tackle the job yourself. Lamps can be bought for around $100. I would buy the entire lamp and housing if available. I have attached the procedure below how to change the lamp. Read through it and decide if you are comfortable if not, you can have a repair person take care of it for you.

To Receive a Replacement Lamp Under Warranty

Call(NNN) NNN-NNNN Please have model number, serial number, and TV purchase date available.
Important: All lamps replaced under warranty must be returned to Mitsubishi where they will be inspected for defect verification.

To Purchase a Replacement Lamp After Warranty
Visit our website at www.mitsuparts.com or call(NNN) NNN-NNNN Order the following:
Lamp Part Number 915P061010
WARNING
• Do not remove the lamp cartridge immediately after turning off the television. You may get burned because the lamp is very hot. Allow the television to cool for at least one hour before replacing the lamp cartridge.
• Do not remove the lamp cartridge except when replacing it. Careless treatment can result in injury or fire.
• Do not touch the lamp glass element. It may be very hot and break, causing injuries or burns.
• Be sure not to insert any metal or flammable object into the lamp cartridge opening, as it may cause fire or electri- cal shock. If a foreign object is inserted into the opening, unplug the AC cord of the TV and contact your dealer for service.
• Install the lamp cartridge securely. Failure to do so may cause a fire. • Do not touch the lamp glass elements. Oils from your fingers may cause premature lamp failure.

graphic
If you have any further questions related to this topic please let me know. You can always ask a question even after clicking accept as long as its related to this topic. Please click the green accept button below at this time. Please also consider leaving positive feedback. Bonuses are also GREATLY appreciated. Thank you. Michael, CT-USA