PramitP
PramitP, Technician
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University

My AKAI tv wont turn on. Power is there. The little light turns

My AKAI tv wont turn on. Power is there. The little light turns from red to green like it should but after a couple seconds it gos to red again and nothing happens. It trys to go on but wont. Nothing appears on the screen during this cycle.
Category: TV
Expert:  PramitP replied 3 years ago.

First of all welcome to Justanswer. My name is Pramit. Before I start, have you tried unplugging the TV for 4-5 hours? How old is the TV? Do you hear any clicking sound when you turn the TV ON?

Regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello.and thank you. Yes I have had it unpluged for a few days at a time. The TV is about 5 years old. I try turning it on repeatedly and after a few times there is a bit of popping sound from the speakers but nothing on the screen.
Expert:  PramitP replied 3 years ago.
Okay, thanks for the info. First of all there is no "quick n easy" fix for this. I must say you've done a lot of basic troubleshooting. The problem seems to be with the power supply. There might be bad or burnt components such capacitors or rectifiers or fuse. Most of the times there are swollen caps or burnt resistors which need replacement. The capacitors are of rating like 1000mfd 50v . If you replace them by yourself, make sure that 1000mfd(microfarad) remains constant and the voltage is atleast 50V. The bad components are a result of heat or cold solders etc. If you remove the main board and inverter from the power board and the power stays ON, then its either the inverter or the main board. Usually when there is no LED, the main fuse is open but without proper diagnosis, who knows! Prior to these you can try opening the back and cleaning the dust. If you wish to buy the power supply board online then you can click here. I'd recommend you to confirm your model no. with the seller before purchasing. If you want to repair it yourself then you should be having proper knowledge about the internal circuitry of the TV.
You should also require a multimeter and soldering equipments and schematics.
If you wish to take it to a repair shop would you like to have an idea of the cost of repair?
If you have any other queries then I would be glad to assist you further.

Please click the green ACCEPT button if you like my help. Please DO NOT ACCEPT IF you wish to leave a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always appreciated
PramitP, Technician
Experience: Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University