2lego
2lego, Technician
Experience:  Professional audiovisual and electrical engineer with prior experience as commercial and residential electrician.
52243799

how do i set up netflix to my tv i do not have a wii or any

<p>How do I set up netflix to my TV using my computer laptop?  I do not have a wii , Play Station or any other component.  But I do have a  PHILLIPS Surround Sound system hooked to my TV.   </p><p> LCD TV....Model # XXXXX</p>
Category: TV
Expert:  2lego replied 5 years ago.

2lego :

Hello, and welcome to Just Answer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to help you here.

Customer:

okay i'm ready to get started

2lego :

The quickest and most affordable way for you to get Netflix on your TV right now would be to purchase a Roku digital video player and connect this to your TV. This unit could also be connected to your surround sound too.

2lego :

Below is the link for this.

2lego :

http://shop.roku.com/Roku-Streaming-Player-Options-W5.aspx

2lego :

I would recommend the XD version, as it has a good mix of all the features you'll need, plus it can grow with you down the road as more HD content comes out.

2lego :

In addition to this Roku box you would need an HDMI cable to connect it to your TV, along with wireless or wired internet access in your house.

2lego :

The HDMI cables can be purchased online for much cheaper than you would see in the store, so I would recommend that route. Below is a link for that.

2lego :

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-High-Speed-Cable-Meters/dp/B003L1ZYYM/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1297488917&sr=1-3

2lego :

I would need to know the specific model of your surround sound system to help you with that, but this is normally an optical cable from the Roku box, or you can connect the HDMI cable through the surround sound system if it has HDMI inputs.

2lego :

So, in summary, the things you need for Netflix on your 42" LCD TV:

2lego :

1. Roku XD box (or HD version if your not as concerned about the upgraded features)

2lego :

2. HDMI cable to connect to TV

2lego :

3. Wired or wireless internet access for the Roku box (wired will be faster but wireless is obviously easier to put the box wherever you want).

2lego :

4. Netflix account...which can be done online.

Customer:

is that's it ? i have a netflix account

2lego :

Excellent, if you already have Netflix you will just be prompted to enter your email address and login when you startup the Roku box. The Roku box does a very good job of keeping things simple and making the interface very easy to work with.

2lego :

We've been using Netflix online with our TV now for about 3 months and will never look back. I think you'll really enjoy it and the quality is great using an HD TV like the one you have.

2lego :

If you have any other questions on this please let me know. If you found this information helpful then select the ACCEPT button.

2lego :

Thanks,

2lego :

Troy