Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

i am having problems connecting my vizio soundbar to my 40

Customer Question

I am having problems connecting my vizio soundbar to my 40' APEX LCD 1080 tv, can you please advise. Where does the RCA red/white cable suppose to go on the TV? I have a Audio button, two sets of AV1 and AV2 inputs, component1 and composite2, and three HDMI inputs. However I need assistance in terms of where do I input the RCA white/red cable that runs from the soundbar. I currently do not have HD box setup yet (install appointment set for 2/7/11), and I currently do not have the DVD player installed? Do I need to have the DVD player connected for this soundbar to work?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 5 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for your patience. Should you still need assistance...

Initially, post back with the Vizio's model number, something like VSB210WS.

Offhand, the Apex does not have a pair of red and white jacks that serve as an audio output usable by the Vizio. The LD4088 has only a digital coaxial audio output jack marked SPDIF. Depending on the Vizio's model number and more importantly if a similar jack is available, then it would be possible to connect.

Alternately, consider using a digital to analog audio converter. As it implies, this device would accept an optical or coaxial digital audio connection and produce analog/stereo left and right audio available on a pair of RCA females. Please click here.

However, if an HD STB and/or a DVD player would be connected to the Apex TV by HDMI, then these external sources would have to be connected directly to the Vizio for the sound aside from their HDMI connections to the TV.

Edited by Benimur on 2/7/2011 at 9:17 AM EST