TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.

How do you remove the base stand from a Olevia 42" Model 242T

How do you remove the base stand from a Olevia 42" Model 242T in order to wall mount the set?
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

Not all models are designed to be wall mounted -- your TV set does not show any information on wall mounting.

Take a look at this, this will tell you if it was designed to be mounted or not --

If you have any questions, just ask

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I still have the original packaging and it states wall mountable. Also the manual gives you directions on what wall mount to use and the instructions on installing the wall mount to the wall and TV but no instructions on how to remove the base. THE BACK OF THE tv HAS 16 SCREWS in four rows of 4 screws each. Should I just try removing these screws from the bottom up and see what happens?

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

Actually, that's why I included the picture. That is the defacto standard where you'll find the mounting screw holes for the VESA standard wall mount, and the screws below it would dismount the stand. If Olevia did not follow the VESA standard set forth by TV manufacturers, then you may have to actually remove the REAR COVER to remove the screws holding the stand in place.

I've only had ONE TV set that didn't follow the VESA might be TV number two, if that box came with the "wall mountable" statement to it.

This is what I would do....

First, lay a blanket on a table, lay your TV set down on it with the screen towards the blanket.

Remove those 4 screws I highlighted -- pull the stand straight out. If that does NOT work, then remove ANY screws in that same general area and try again. If it does not come out, then it's time to remove ALL the screws on the back panel, and then you will see a metal post that the stand mounts to -- remove those screws and don't let the stand fall on your feet ! Some are heavy....

Reinstall the screws -- all of them, even the ones that hold the stand to the TV chassis.

Then install your wall mount kit. Since Olevia really doesn't tell us the screen size, I can only assume the TV is a 46 incher or larger -- those larger TVs use the M8 screws, smaller TVs will use the M6, or even M4 (19 to 22 inch TVs)

I'm really surprised Olevia wouldn't include that info in their instruction manual....maybe they had to play "catch up" with the other brands and put together a TV that was wall mountable that year.

If you have any questions, just ask

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.