Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

how do I connect my wii to sharp aquos quattron. I received

how do I connect my wii to sharp aquos quattron. I received a cable from sharp today but don't know what to do.

Electronics Pete :

Hi there,

Electronics Pete :

These newer Sharp Aquos TVs only have a COMPONENT input (not the Yellow, Red and White connector inputs that the Wii requires)

Electronics Pete :

You will need a "COMPONENT to COMPOSITE" Conversion Cable - is this what Sharp sent you?

Electronics Pete :

The cable you need looks like this:

Full Size Image

Electronics Pete :

The white connector plugs into the Wii, and the colored connectors plug into your TV in the corresponding colored sockets.

Electronics Pete :

To view your Wii, you will then need to select the correct input (source) on your TV.

JACUSTOMER-sv7tr1fx- :

No, that cable is not what they sent. They sent a composite cable with an RCA plug on the end that plugs into the INPUT 2 on the back of my tv but I have nowhere to plug the 3 colored things into

Electronics Pete :

It sounds like they have sent you the incorrect cable.

Electronics Pete :

The correct composite cable for the Wii should be Nintendo certified.

Electronics Pete :

If you want, I can find you an online source for the correct cable?

Electronics Pete :

These cables are available from many online shops, including Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Component-AV-Cable-Nintendo-Wii-HDTV/dp/B000MTVWAQ/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1296693644&sr=8-9

JACUSTOMER-sv7tr1fx- :

The sharp guy originally told me to get a 3.5 mm to audio/video female end plug. I just looked at the one on Amazon that you suggested but on the Aquos Quattron it has to be the little RCA plug.

Electronics Pete :

Do you know what cable Sharp sent you?

Electronics Pete :

There is a converter cable that you can use with the original Wii cable - this is probably your best solution.

Electronics Pete :

It will convert the Red/Yellow/White connectors to 3.5mm RCA:

JACUSTOMER-sv7tr1fx- :

Packing slip just says composite cable.....it has a white, yellow, and red plugs, and the other end is the "pin type" RCA plug. But, of course, I have no where to plug this into the wii game console.

Electronics Pete :

Can you check out the above link, I believe this convertor cable will suit your needs.

Electronics Pete :

Ahh, you already have this converter cable.

Electronics Pete :

You do not plug it into the Wii - you use it to convert the Wii cable -

Electronics Pete :

You should have got a cable with your Wii, with a white connector on one end and white, yellow and red plugs on the other end.

Electronics Pete :

Connect the Wii cable to the converter cable that Philips sent you to make one long cable.

Electronics Pete :

Then connect the square white plug to the Wii and the pin-type RCA plug to your TV.

JACUSTOMER-sv7tr1fx- :

How in the heck do I connect the two together?????

JACUSTOMER-sv7tr1fx- :

I think I have the wrong cable.....my original wii cable and the composite cable I received today have the same ends.....pointed......i guess I need female instead of male........don't ya think???

Electronics Pete :

Yes you do!

Electronics Pete :

My link above shows a converter cable specifically designed for the Wii, and it has female connectors.