TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

My Viore TV speakers are not working right. There is a huge

My Viore TV speakers are not working right. There is a huge amount of static. I spoke with someone and they suggested I connect an external audio system, turn up the TV sound, mute it, and listen to the TV through the external audio system. i didn this and there is no audio input from the TV to the external system regardless of whether the sound is muted or not. Suggestions? Better yet, solutions?
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

I think there's a speaker on/off setting in your TV's AUDIO menu you have to activate...

You can't just mute it. When you turn off the speakers on your TV set, it turns on the Audio Output jacks.

=

Now, listen to your amp, and if it's NOISY TOO...then your main board is defective.

If it's clean and clear, then you have a noisy AUDIO OUT amplifier in your TV set.

=

We definitely could use your MODEL number on your TV set to pursue this matter further. Or you can just use the amp if it's nice and quiet, and save the cost of getting parts for your TV (if Viore actually provides parts -- remember, that TV was built to be inexpensive and they do that by not providing all the warehousing and support that Sony and Samsung provide)

=

If you have any questions, just ask

If you are finished, please press the ACCEPT button.

Tips are greatly appreciated !

=

Thank you.

=

=

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The model number is XXXXX When I go to the sound menu, there isn't an option to turn it off. I can turn surround on or off and AVC on or off. Sound mode had standard, personal, music, and movie but no off. I have toggled every option and there still isn't any audio to the external speakers.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

You're out of luck -- Viore parts are next to impossible to get.

=

Take a look at this site. They carry everything, and only have the power cord and remote still available on your TV model.

=

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

=

=

=

Sorry to ruin your day, but even accessing the Viore.com website is a bad choice. Seems some supicious software is lurking behind it. I won't take the chance and infect my computer.

=

I don't suggest it either.

=

=

No parts, can't fix....

=

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So the botXXXXX XXXXXne is that, even though my picture is perfect, there is no way to fix the audio? Not an answer anybody would want to hear and one that is very difficult to believe. The TV is only 15 months old (at least since I bought it). How would a home theater system be hooked up? The audio would have to go to the external speakers there. Would the other connections available trigger audio as well? Do you have a manual for my model?
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

I was attempting to find a manual to review the menu and it's settings, unfortunately, that seems to be in a dangerous area right now. You can try it, but I'm too spooked by the warning that pops up on Google.

=

Other sites don't have it.

=

I know it's hard to believe, but the problem is you DID NOT buy a brand of TV that has been around for years, and have the service and support of a good brand name. Viore is the same as Polaroid, ILO, Maxent, et al. You buy it, when parts run out, you can't get parts anymore.

They save on warehousing and support costs, and you get a TV set for a lot less money than you would pay for Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, Mitsubishi, Hitachi or Toshiba. Those companies I can get parts, part numbers, service bulletins, talk directly to a service department, parts department, ALL the support I need to fix their TV sets.

=

Viore is one brand that saves on those costs...Encompass does do their best to provide parts for practically every TV ever sold, and I trust them to have parts when no other site has them.

=

So when Encompass doesn't have them, I know nobody else will either. You get to know your suppliers over the years.

=

As for your Lack of audio on the AUDIO outputs, that means your main board is bad. Most of the time when you don't have sound on those outputs, you check the menu to see if there is a speaker on/off switch on it. Yours doesn't have it, unless Viore decided to put it elsewhere in the menu, and that's somewhat illogical to do that.

=

So, when it comes down to it, your Viore is not repairable without the main board.

=

-

Not good news, I know. That's why I tell my customers to steer clear of brands that don't have at least 10 years of being on the store shelves.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you have a manual?
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

Go to http://www.viore.com

=

But do so at your own risk.

I have no desire to spend hours attempting to remove malicious bots for an instruction manual.

It would be safer and easier to look through each section of the TV menu for an Audio on/off or Speaker on/off setting in my opinion.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have been to every option in the menu: picture has 7 options, 5 of which just adjust from 0 to 100%. I clicked on the other two and got nothing to do with audio. Audio has 6 options, 3 of which are the 0-100%. I toggled every other option. Timer has 4 options, but nothing toggles an audio choice. Setup has 6 options (plus restore default): menu language, transparency, aspect, noise reduction, closed caption, and XVS. Nothing toggles anything audio except noise reduction and regardless of whether it is low, medium, or high, I don't get an external system signal. PG I don't use, and channel has 6 choices, none of which get me anywhere. I appreciate your time, but in light of not getting anywhere on the problem, I don't think I should have to pay $17.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.
refund request sent.
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience: 30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.