Eric, Technician
Experience:  TV Repairman for over 30 years, still working in the field

How do I turn off the words (closed caption ) .... I do not

How do I turn off the words (closed caption???) .... I do not know what happened to make it appear.
Category: TV
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Eric :

hi

Customer :

Hello

Customer :

I am ready to undo the CC.

Eric :

hello

Eric :

if you are there type and I will help you

Customer :

I am here.

Eric :

ok

Eric :

I will need some info

Eric :

The TV model # XXXXX is there a cable or Dish box connected?

Customer :

I will return in 75-80 minutes.

Eric :

Ok

Customer :

Hello!

Customer :

Hello

Customer :

I am ready to fix the problem.

Eric :

ok lets do it

Eric :

I will need some info

The TV model # XXXXX and tell me is there a cable or Dish box connected?

Customer :

I am here

Customer :

cable model# XXXXX

Eric :

where did you get this number from the cable box or the remote?

Eric :

Do you know the TV model from the back of the TV?

Customer :

# XXXXX back of tv

Eric :

the number LC-40078UN does not come up in my serach I will need to know what cable company you are using ? the more information you give me the better I can help you

Customer :

charter

Customer :

# XXXXX 40D78Un

Eric :

The closed caption mesaage could be coming from either the TV or the cable box , cable companies here on the east coast are usually Brighthouse or Comcast Charter is probably a west coast company

Customer :

Charter is east coast

Customer :

the CC appeared after button were pushed on the remote

Eric :

which box do you have motorola scientific atlantic or cisco

Customer :

Motorola

Eric :

and I now see the TV is a sharp

Eric :

motororola uses either the DCT 2500 6200 6208 6412(NNN) NNN-NNNNor 6416 box which one is yours?

Eric :

2500 is black 6200 is silver

Customer :

2500

Customer :

the remote involved was to the tv the DVR remote was not being used

Eric :

ok

Eric :

checking

Customer :

I will return in an hour

Eric :

Ok I'm downloading the manual there may be a button marked cc on the remote

Eric :

manual Linked

Eric :

page 13 shows the remote location 15 is the cc button that should turn off the closed caption

Eric :

press the cc button repeatedly till it says off

Eric :

page 15

Customer :

It did not work

Eric :

so what happens when you press the CC button?

Customer :

Thank you! After reading the manual, pressing the CC button three times - the text is no longer on the screen.

Eric, Technician
Experience: TV Repairman for over 30 years, still working in the field