Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

Hi! I have a Sanyo dp46849 LCD TV. The right side of the screen

Hi! I have a Sanyo dp46849 LCD TV. The right side of the screen is repeatedly fading black during the first hour or so after it is turned on. Sometimes, there are four horizontal skinny lines stretching from the right side of the screen to the left. It kind of looks like the TV is "heating up" and then it starts to work normally, but only after a long time. Even events have occured where the TV was working fine after the first hour or so but then just randomly faded black on the right side. What happened to my TV and what can I do about it?

Hello [Sir/Ms], My name is XXXXX XXXXX Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem,

this is a T-conn board issue

First let me say sorry I don't have a quick fix for this problem.

The problem you are describing is a very common one in LCD sets like yours. The T-conn circuit has failed and will require board replacement in order to get the set working again. This repair should be done by a qualified technician, these sets can be dangerous to someone who does not know where not to touch, also it is very easy to cause more bad than good if you don't know what you are doing. If your going to complete this repair yourself please let me know and I will give you instructions on how to complete this repair. Parts can cost you anywhere from 50-100 bucks depending on where you buy them at. But remember I have seen quite a few people destroy perfectly good sets by not knowing what they are doing so just take that as a caution.

A good repair shop will run you somewhere between $100-$200 to repair this for you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi rick and thank you for your advice! I have some experience for fixing electronic devices, so I will fix my TV set by myself. Can you give me exact details on how I can fix it? What parts would I need to purchase and are there any stores that sell them or do I have to buy them from certain websites (if so, which ones?)? Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well, Rick I need more information. I will fix my TV by myself. So tell me what steps I have to follow to change T-con?
simple friend,, lay the tv on its face,, on a soft surface remove the back,, and the rest doesnt require any instructions,, when you have the new T-conn