Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

Sceptre TV Problem - It wont show picture on screen

My flat screen Sceptre will not show a picture on the screen even thought the blue light is showing. When I turn it off the red light shines and when it is turned back on the blue light comes on but no picture follows. I have unplugged it many times to see if that would work. Any suggestions?
It went out while I was watching it. its mounted on the wall so I can't read the model number but it is under 2 years old.
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on JustAnswer! Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions. Is this an LCD or plasma unit?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I believe it is an LCD.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

There are a couple of things that could cause this, unfortunately there is no reset for this television other than unplugging it. It will have an internal failure at this point. I will try to explain the possibilities the best I can.

First you could have a failure in the power supply, we have seen some capacitors fail in your model and cause funky problems like this. If this is the case you could be looking at somewhere around $175-$200 to fix the set. IF the power supply had to be replaced you could be looking at $250-300

Next could be the main board, this would not be good news because you could be looking at $300-$400 for the repair (I know this is up there in the price range and most likely getting over the cost of a new set)

Lastly you could have a problem with the panel itself, this would mean a new set for sure because the part cost is more than a new set. The panel in your tv is about $800 just for the part.

Any of these could cause your problem, but it will require troubleshooting to determine the exact cause of your problem. If you have experience, and test equipment and would like to attempt some troubleshooting I will be happy to assist you, however if you do not have equipment or experience then you would need a repairman at this time to get an exact diagnosis. I am sorry that I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, it is definitely an internal failure.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!