Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My panasonic viera flat screens picture is too large for the

Customer Question

My panasonic viera flat screen's picture is too large for the tv. In other words, some of the information on the top and bottom of the screen is being missed, like the score of a football game, or time left, etc...This is in all of the aspect ratios. What can I do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 3 years ago.

Jack :

Hi and thank you for using justanswer.
I`m going to help you with your tv but first i will have a few questions;

Could you please lookup your tv`s model number on the back cover ?

Jack :

If so then look on your cable box`s remote control for a button called format,zoom,size etc.

Jack :

As you appear to be offline , i will switch to standard Q&A mode.

Expert:  Jack replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can't see the back of the tv. It's mounted on a wall.
Expert:  Jack replied 3 years ago.

Thats o.k for now.

Do you have a cable box ?

And can you look for a button called zoom or format or aspect ?
If you find one then press it repeatedly to toggle between the different aspect ratio ?

Also your tv`s remote will have one of those button.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There seems to be nothing on my cable box, but there is something on my remote that allows me to go through different aspect ratios. I have already done that.
Expert:  Jack replied 3 years ago.

O.k are you talking about the tv remote or cable box remote or both ?

On the panasonic remote it is called" aspect "

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Right. "Aspect" on the panasonic remote. I have tried them all and the problem still exists.
Expert:  Jack replied 3 years ago.

Usually on cable box when you press the zoom or aspect button it will give you 3 choices; standard,stretch,zoom

Set it to standard

On panasonic tv`s, usually you will have 4 choices when you press the aspect button; just,4:3,zoom and full.
If you set it to "just" then it should(usually) set the picture to the screen size.

Is your cable box set to send a 4:3 signal or 16:9 ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How would I be able to check that? I think it's 16:9, but not sure...
Expert:  Jack replied 3 years ago.
can you give me the brand name of your cable box i.e. scientific atlanta and possibly the model number ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Scientific Atlanta 8300hd