Steve
Steve, Technician
Experience:  Over 40 years experience ISCET Certified in Biomedical & Consumer Electronics
22470440

Mits WD65735 has steady red light on status indicator,tried

Mits WD65735 has steady red light on status indicator,tried reset button,unplugging checked bulb looks like filament is intact. Will come on has static sound but cycles off after about 1-2minutes. any suggestions?
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
Hello, just to confirm: is the red light labeled Status, or Lamp?

Was the replacement lamp an original Mitsubishi?

Did you notice anything unusual before this happened? Power failures, storms, noises in the set, etc.?

Have there been any previous repairs, or any other problems in the past?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Steve,

As stated in the previous email the red light is labeled Status and is steady ON. It was not replaced with an original Mitsubishi bulb. However the original bulb did not look like it was burned out or damaged, I just replaced it just to be sure it was not the bulb. Nothing unusual happened before this occured. There have never been any repairs or problems in the past.

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
Okay, thank you. Please try a test for me...

While the indicator is red, press and hold both the Input (Device) and Menu buttons on the front panel until the Timer light starts flashing. The light will flash a two digit code: 1-7, 4-8, 6-1, etc.

Please let me know which code the TV is flashing. It may be a good idea to repeat the test a few times to make sure the TV is giving the correct code.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did the test a few times and each time I got the same code 1-8

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
Okay, thank you. The code 1-8 indicates a bad color wheel in the light engine. This part is "supposed" to be proprietary to Mitsubishi, so you would have to get one from Mitsubishi or one of their authorized servicers. You might find one from another source on the internet, but their origin and quality may be questionable.

Some parts Mitsubishi will only make available to (or through) their servicers, so you would have to call their parts department to find out. Their number is:(NNN) NNN-NNNN The part number is XXXXX and it retails for $181.70.

Of course, it is always a good idea to check the color wheel first, before ordering the part. If you are experienced in electronic repair, these color wheels will usually feel like they are binding when they go bad.

If you had a local shop repair this, the labor should be in the $200 range (in my area), plus a local trip charge.

If needed, your nearest authorized Mitsubishi servicer can be found by entering your information on this page:

http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/apps/w2gi.php?template=search_new&client=mitsuservicer#?mid=174138

Of course, it never hurts to call Mitsubishi to see if they will help on the repair. Their number is:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
This may not have been what you were wanting to hear, but this is the truthful answer. If I can be of further help by offering more information about this, please let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do you have any photos or schematic on the location of the color wheel?

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
Hi, no need for a schematic for the color wheel... it only has two connectors. But, please be aware of the orientation of the film connector.

Here are the best photos I have... the metal plate covering the color wheel is on top of the light engine. Under the plate is the color wheel (second photo).

graphic
graphic
Steve, Technician
Experience: Over 40 years experience ISCET Certified in Biomedical & Consumer Electronics