TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.

My tv has too much yellow and blue color and no red or green

My tv has too much yellow and blue color and no red or green color. Red and green colors seem to be almost browns.
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 5 years ago.

That sounds like your Pr plug has become disconnected on your COMPONENT connection....

Take a Close Look at that plug, sometimes they look connected when they are not.

I usually find it disconnected on the box, and the TV connection is still connected, but check both ends, and reseat them no matter what....

You'll get your reds and greens back. While you are back behind the box, reseat ALL of them, because the others have been slowly pulling out over time too.

If your cables haven't been separated by 8 to 10 inches, keep in mind that a lot of the Component cables were designed to be separated on the ends by the manufacturer. I usually see that most of my customers just plug them in and don't separate the ends of the cable for more flexibility. That's what causes them to slowly pull out of the plugs.

If you have any questions, just ask

If you are finished, please press the ACCEPT button.

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.

Edited by TV Tech1 on 1/19/2011 at 10:46 AM EST