Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
42300671

I have a sanyo dp26649 LCD tv that has no picture or sound.

I have a sanyo dp26649 LCD tv that has no picture or sound. The green light comes on, but that's it. The output of the power board does have the 12 and 5 volts.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

1. Does the backlight come on?

2. Is the green light flashing?

Kindest regards,
Dan T.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The only indication that there is even power to the set is the green light. I do not get a back light and the green light is not blinking. It is stay on solid. There is no sound either. I have an electronics background and was hoping to fix this without taking it somewhere if possible.
Thanks,
Kevin
Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.

Kevin,

Check the 24VDC line going from the power supply to the inverter. Let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Where is the 24 vdc line on this? The connector going from the p/s has markings for each wire. there is only 5 and 12 vdc marked.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.

Scratch that. Most of these Sanyo models have IP (inverter/power) boards... so there wouldn't be a separate line.

Are there any bulging or swollen capacitors on the power board? Pay particularly close attention to the tops... are any of them not totally flat?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have looked closely at all the caps and they look totally normal. Also, I do not see any burn marks on either of the two boards. There is one obvious fuse at the AC input which is good. I can try to get pictures of the boards if that would help.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.

Turn the TV on, then hold a flashlight up to the screen and look for images, movement, etc. It would be very faint. You might also wish to make the room as dark as possible. Let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I put the tv in a darker room, turned it on and used a flashlight to look for images or movement. I see nothing.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.

Ok, thanks. There are 3 possible issues here.

First, you could have a bad LCD panel. I don't think this is the case, and it would be pretty rare... but it's possible.

Second, you could have a bad power supply. This would also be unlikely since your standby line is good.

Last, and most likely, you probably have a bad main board. This is really the only thing that could cause your issues if the standby line is good.

The bad news is that Sanyo parts are notoriously hard to come by... and they're awfully expensive. Usually a bad main board is too expensive to be cost effective. If you want, though... get me the part number from the board and I'd be happy to see if any of my suppliers have one.

Experience: USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your response. The numbers on the main board are
1LG4B10Y04100
N7HK
Is it possible for a non-expert like me to buy this part if you are not able to find one?

Thanks,
Kevin