Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
42300671

Is there a hard reset option for a Vizio M420NV 42 LED-LCD

Customer Question

Is there a hard reset option for a Vizio M420NV 42" LED-LCD HDTV? I have one single line coming down the center of the display from top to bottom that appears stuck. I have had a LCD monitor that a similar thing happened, they had a hard reset option that fixed it....
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

1. How thick is the line?
2. Does it appear on all inputs? DVD player, cable box, game console, etc.?
3. Bring up the TV's on screen menu. Is the line on top of it?

Kindest regards,
Dan T.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dan,

1. It appears to be a single pixel wide, from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen.
2. Yes, all inputs
3. Yes, on top of menu.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
A line that thin can only be one thing... a faulty LCD panel. The M420NV is a fairly new model... how long have you owned it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Since Thanksgiving.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
You are going to need a new LCD panel, for sure. That's the only thing that could cause this. Vizio will repair or replace this since you are still under their warranty... 12 months for parts and labor. Contact Vizio.

Please click ACCEPT (even if you're a trial or subscription member) if you are 100% satisfied with my answer and plan on leaving me positive feedback (your acceptance is the only way I get paid for my work). A bonus would also be appreciated!

I'm sorry if my answer wasn't what you wanted to hear, but it reflects the most honest and accurate information available. I hope you take that into account when deciding whether or not to accept and leave positive feedback.

That said, if you aren't fully satisfied please do not accept my answer. Instead, let me know what else I can do for you!

Finally, please know that accepting my answer does not mean our dialog is over... you can still post follow-up questions or comments afterward.

Kindest regards,
Dan T.