Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

The Demo Mode keeps popping up on my Toshiba 32A43. What are

The Demo Mode keeps popping up on my Toshiba 32A43. What are the steps to remove the switches on the front of a Toshiba 32A43? From what I have been reading, this will solve the problem and still allow my remote to work.
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-When you say demo mode, what do you mean by that?

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The TV setup menu comes on and runs through the dmeo mode by itself. The demo menu will change the language from English to French to Spanish. The surround sound simulation will turn off and on, the announcement of the show rating will appear on the screen and say it has been blocked and then return to the program.

Sometimes I can press the Menu Exit button on the remote and the problem will go away for a few minutes. If that doesn't work, pressing any button on the front of the tv (volume, channel selctor, menu) will work for a time.

It does not matter what is connected to the tv, whatever I am watching, the menu from the processor in the tv keeps going to the menu.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.

Most commonly this is caused by a faulty control board (the board with all the buttons on the front of the TV)

The way to repair this is to replace all the switches on the control board, this is done by unsolder and re soldering all the new switches in. A repairman will do this for $175-$225.

Please let me know if you want to try this yourself, or if there is anything else I can do for you!

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you have a schematic or some kind of drawing to show the location of the switches on the motherboard, and part numbers of the switches? I am fairly good at soldering.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 3 years ago.

The part number for the switches is 23344505 and you need one per button on the front of the tv. You do not need a schematic or drawing, these are the buttons that the plastic pieces you press on for menu, volume, channel, ect. touch inside the tv. So they are all the way at the front of the set touching the plastic pieces.

You can find these buttons many places online, I recommend www.encompassparts.com

Tim

Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience: Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.