Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

i HAVE A pOLAROID tda-03211c since 2007-always worked fine

i HAVE A pOLAROID tda-03211c since 2007-always worked fine till yesterday. now it won't power on i get the red light which switches when i turn it on but no picture. i checked the fuse in the back which was fine. i looked at all the capacitors and they appear fine what now? kevin
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-Any response from the tv at all when you turn it on? (click noise, light blink, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

When i plug it in i have a red light-when i turn it on with the remote it turns blue (this is all normal) I do hear a noise but my daughter says it's the DVD player i think she is right.

After the light turns blue we don't get a picture at all. no nothing. I have the back cover removed and don't see any visual troubled areas.

Thank You

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

In a dark room, you do not see a slight glow to the screen when it comes on?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

Have you checked the voltages coming out of the power supply?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

There are a couple of things that could cause this, unfortunately there is no reset for this television other than unplugging it. It will have an internal failure at this point. I will try to explain the possibilities the best I can. The problem we have here is that repairing a set this size is almost impossible due cost...

First you could have a failure in the power supply, we have seen some capacitors fail in your model and cause funky problems like this. If this is the case you could be looking at somewhere around $175-$200 to fix the set. IF the power supply had to be replaced you could be looking at $250-300

Next could be the main board, this would not be good news because you could be looking at $300-$400 for the repair (I know this is up there in the price range and most likely getting over the cost of a new set)

Lastly you could have a problem with the panel itself, this would mean a new set for sure because the part cost is more than a new set. The panel in your tv is about $800 just for the part.

Any of these could cause your problem, but it will require troubleshooting to determine the exact cause of your problem. If you know someone that has experience, and test equipment and would like to attempt some troubleshooting I will be happy to assist you, however if you do not have equipment or experience then you would need a repairman at this time to get an exact diagnosis. I am sorry that I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, it is definitely an internal failure.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Edited by Expert TV on 1/14/2011 at 7:23 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can understand and knew it would be difficult to resolve if at all. I do want you to get paid for your time but how do i do that---let me know
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

Sorry, I wish I had better news for you.

If you are wanting to accept, then you just need to press the green ACCEPT button on the screen.