Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
10191312

I have a Mitsubishi projection TV model WS 55807 manufactured

I have a Mitsubishi projection TV model WS 55807 manufactured in 2001. When I push the power on button, the green timer light appears for a second or two then goes off and the TV does not turn on. Is there a simple fix to this problem? I've tried unplugging the set for 10 seconds and replugging it in, but that didn't do the trick. Any suggestions?

Hello [Sir/Ms], My name is XXXXX XXXXX Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem,

This model is equipped with a self-diagnosis feature to help with diagnosis of shutdown problems. To activate this turn the unit on let it shutdown then press the input/or device and menu buttons on the front panel simultaneously and hold them in for 5 seconds after 5 seconds the power LED on the front panel will blink a two digit sequence. This will be one set of blinks a short pause then another set of blinks, this will repeat 5 times.
1 - 2 = no error detected
2 - 1 = X-ray protect (high voltage or beam current)
2 - 2 = Short protect (short protect monitors low voltage supplies)
2 - 3 = Deflection protect (this could be loss of vertical or horizontal deflection)
2 - 4 = Vertical protect (usually loss of vertical from the source)

SHUTDOWN AT POWER WITH SELF DIAGNOSIS ERROR 2 2. CHECK FOR OPEN FUSES F9A04 PART # XXXXX AND F9A05 PART # XXXXX ON THE +24 AND -24 VOLT LINES. IF THE FUSES ARE OPEN THE CONVERGENCE OUTPUT CIRCUIT WOULD BE SUSPECT.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Rick. I ran the diagnostic and 2,2 is the error code I'm getting. I purchased a repair kit a few minutes ago on line. Is their a free schematic available online for this television? I'm going to try to fix this baby myself. I figure I was going to throw it away anyhow, so I can't break it any worse : ^ )
Well if you ordered from repairkits.com then you will have a manual and a video,, thanks again friend