Martin, Technician
Experience:  Studied video technologies before university. I still fix TV's in spare time.

Wiring diagram for connections from Dish Network HD receiver

Customer Question

Wiring diagram for connections from Dish Network HD receiver to SWanyo Dp42848 HDTV to RCA RTD215 DVD player with 5.1 surround sound and a Wii game system. Would like to utilize surround sound for Wii and tv and not just for DVD discs
Category: TV
Expert:  Martin replied 5 years ago.
Hello, welcome to Just Answer. I don't think it's possible as the RCA RTD215 only sound input is a stereo RCA connexion (no digital IN and i doubt this input have a Dolby Pro-Logic decoder (only one internally for the DVD part). The TV have a 5.1 digital out but the RCA won't take it. The simpler would be to get a cheap used sound receiver (so that all audio can be connected to it). RCA system are really basic, you need to look for more input rich systems like Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo. You can probably get a good enough used Denon system for $200.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Martin replied 5 years ago.
What was the problem with my answer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well your answer didn't tell me anything other then to go buy a more expensive receiver, what was it Yamaha and a couple others, so my nephew came by brought a certain cable which was mentioned in manual and it all works fine now. Your anwer didn't help at all except more like a sales pitch, so I don't accept for answer and money better go back in my account.