Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Experience:  20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE
10191312

My LG tv, model number LG37LC2D, will not stay on. I turned

My LG tv, model number LG37LC2D, will not stay on. I turned it on and it had issues getting started and than after about five or ten minutes it shut off. I tried turning it on again and it simply would not turn on. The green light on the front of the tv lights up but no picture shows.
Category: TV
Expert:  Rick williams replied 3 years ago.

Hello [Sir/Ms], My name is XXXXX XXXXX Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem,

First let me say sorry I don't have a quick fix for this problem.

The problem you are describing is a very common one in LCD sets like yours. The power supply/inverter/main board/T-conn board circuit has failed and will require component replacement in order to get the set working again. This repair should be done by a qualified technician, these sets can be dangerous to someone who does not know where not to touch, also it is very easy to cause more bad than good if you don't know what you are doing. Also the use of a solder Iron very well will be required. I cannot stress enough, you must be able to solder very well or can cause many problems.

If you have solder equipment and would like to complete this repair yourself please let me know and I will give you instructions on how to complete this repair. Parts can cost you anywhere from 5-20 bucks depending on where you buy them at. But remember I have seen quite a few people destroy perfectly good sets by not knowing what they are doing so just take that as a caution.

A good repair shop will run you somewhere between $100-$200 to repair this for you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am actually in school to be an electrical engineer and have had some experience with a solder. If there is anyway that you might be able to instruct me or send screen shots of the parts that need replacing and soldering I might try my hand at this repair myself.

Thank you,

Gabriel Johnson

Ok,

This is a very simple approach.

(Please click on high lighted words) If too technical cost for repair is around

Friend this is a very common problem with plasma LCD and also DLP within the power supply the capacitors also click here Start to fail and the way you can tell is to check them visually for swelling or expanding of the top. ALSO click here ,, and here also,,

It will be easy to see the bad caps will not be as flat on the top as the good ones,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Last question I have is what to watch out for when replacing the capacitors, such as hazards or shock possibilities. Also, will the leads from the power supply plug take me directly to the power supply board. Just making sure here because I do not want to make any mistakes. This will be my first TV repair.
I understand,, unplug the tv and wait 5min,, i usually dont but be safe,, and yes the AC cord will take you to the power supply
Rick williams, Technician
Experience: 20 YEARS OF TV REPAIR ALSO HD, DLP LCD AND PLASMA EXPERIENCE