Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.

Sony 60 LCD Projection TV Model No. KDF-E60A20, picture goes

Sony 60" LCD Projection TV Model No. KDF-E60A20, picture goes off and no sound, then comes back on and all is okay...has done this a few times now?
Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

1. How long have you owned the TV?
2. Have you ever replaced anything inside?
3. When the picture and audio are working, does everything look and sound OK?

Kindest regards,
Dan T.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Answers to your questions:

1. The TV is 5 1/2 years old

2. Nothing has ever been done to it, no work at all

3. Yes, all looks and sounds okay when it works

This just started a few days ago; had happened about three times now. The screen goes blank and sound goes off, for approximately 30 to 60 seconds, then comes back on.

Good news. All you're going to need here is a new projection lamp. I'm surprised you've gone this long without replacing it... most folks do so around 2 years.

The lamp is a user-replaceable part, much like the light bulbs in your home. You're going to need THIS lamp. Replacement instructions are in your manual... let me know if you need a copy.

Please click ACCEPT if you are satisfied with my answer and feel you can leave me positive feedback... it's the only way I get paid for my work. A bonus would also be appreciated! If you aren't fully satisfied, please do not accept my answer. Instead, let me know what else I can do for you. Also, accepting my answer does not mean our dialog is over... you can still post follow-up questions or comments afterward.
Can't e-mail from the site, sorry. I'm uploading it right now... I'll post a link shortly.
Ok, click here. Instructions begin on page 76.