PramitP
PramitP, Technician
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University

My plasma TV wont stay on. I turn it on then it shuts off

My plasma TV won't stay on. I turn it on then it shuts off after a few seconds and then the power button flashes.
Category: TV
Expert:  PramitP replied 3 years ago.

PramitP :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer.

PramitP :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you out

Expert:  PramitP replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  PramitP replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you out.

Please try unplugging the TV for about 4-5 hours and then try again. Let me know what happens. Also please let me know how old the TV is and since when are you facing this problem. Have you tried any other power outlet?

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It didn't work.

The TV is about three years old.

It first started a few months ago, it only happend once or twice and it would stay on. It was only yesterday that it would come back on.

No I haven't tried another outlet, I will.

Expert:  PramitP replied 3 years ago.
Please try out another power outlet, if that does not work, I suspect a problem with the power supply board.
I wish there was an easy fix for this but it seems you have a problem with the power supply board. The most likely cause of this failure is that the power board inside your TV is unable to supply the voltage required to power the TV. This will be due to a faulty component like a capacitor or voltage regulator. It could also be due to some leakage, burning or maybe loose soldering.

All I can suggest is to get an experienced service technician come and check the capacitors and other components on the board. I would not recommend you to do it unless you have good knowledge of electronics and the necessary equipments available. If a few capacitors or components are bad, they can be replaced with new ones soldered on the board. The cost of the fix should ideally be less than $100, depending on what and how many components need to be replaced.

So, my recommendation would be to get a local service technician have a look at the power supply board as they charge less. If its just a few damaged components it can be fixed easily.

If you have any other queries then I would be glad to assist you further.

Please click the green ACCEPT button if you like my help. Please DO NOT ACCEPT IF you wish to leave a NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always appreciated
PramitP, Technician
Experience: Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University