Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Toshiba 62HM84 solid green light on, flashing red light, sound

Customer Question

Toshiba 62HM84 solid green light on, flashing red light, sound through my rcvr system as usual, but no picture. Last bulb change only 3 months ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-Is the red light flashing a code? (example 6 blinks pause 6 blinks pause repeat)

-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The unit is approx 6 years old. The red light is a continuously blinking light with no pauses. Sorry for my delay, been away from home.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Getting anxious, any thoughts?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Have you pulled the lamp to check it?

Tim

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No I havn't. I will do that tonight. This email went to my spam box and i almost missed it. Am I just looking for a blown bulb, like my last one 3 months ago or is there something else to be on the lookout for? Thanks.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Well if it is blown that will answer our questions quickly, but it may just be deformed or might have some white spots at the base...let me know what you see.

Tim

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bulb is perfect. Filament intact. Glass reflector free of defects.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Ok put it in and listen/look through the vents in the back while you turn it on, what do you see/hear?

Tim

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
nothing. not a sound, no fan, no light. heard just a slight tick when power is plugged in, red light flashes, constant green light. Again sorry for delay reply. I am a RN who works alot of hours. In and back out of house. On way out again, but thank you thus far for helping me trouble shoot. I am trying to save money by not just replacing this or that if not needed.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there anything else we should be doing?
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

The red light blinking, that is the lamp light?

Tim

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no that blinking red light is the one on the front of the unit next to the tiny solid green light, nothing new.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry but it's been almost 3 weeks now and the only advise i've gotten is check the bulb. If there are no other suggestions at this point please let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What other information can i give to assist in diagnosing my tv problem?