Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.

Hello, I have a zenith p42w46x. It has no picture a loud pop

Hello, I have a zenith p42w46x. It has no picture a loud pop noise. It has a blown fuse on the zsus board. What might be the problem and do they have updated parts to replace with or is it going to do it again if I repair it. Thanks
Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

Unplug connector P1 from the Zsus, then try to turn the TV on. You won't have a picture, but does the TV power on and stay on?

Kindest regards,
Dan T.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The tv still has no pic.

Yes, but does the TV stay on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes the tv stay's on with sound but no pic.
Good deal... replace the Zsus. The fuse was opening, as I'm sure you know, due to excess current flow in the circuit. Excess current flow can only occur if a component shorts out, thus reducing it's effective resistance to zero ohms... lower total circuit resistance (Rt), higher circuit current (It), and the fuse opens. So, get a new Zsus.

The part number is XXXXX You can get a rebuilt one for about $90 from A new one is about $50 more... let me know if you want to take that route.

Let me know if you need anything else. Though if this information was helpful, please click "Accept"... it's the only way I get paid for my work. You can still post follow-up questions afterward.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just installed the new zsus board. I purchased a updated vershion. 6871QZH033R I powered it up to find the screen black and it started filling with color. It has a pic but is mostly black, white, yellow and blue. What is the next step.
On the power supply board, find test points for Vs and Va. Test those and compare the numbers you get to the sticker that's near the board. Let me know if either is abnormal.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The Vs spec. is 190 my reading is 189.2. The Va spec. is 65 and I have 65.2. Thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What would be the next step. The vs and va seem to be good. Thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Would like to know if the tv is junk or is it still reasonably fixable. Thanks Bryan

There are a couple possible issues here, including the scan drive (Ysus) and main boards, or even the panel itself... it's tough to say for sure without looking first hand. You might consider having a technician have a look at this point... but be prepared for a bill that would render the repair cost ineffective.

Please click ACCEPT (even if you're a trial or subscription member) if you are 100% satisfied with my answer and plan on leaving me positive feedback (your acceptance is the only way I get paid for my work). A bonus would also be appreciated!

I'm sorry if my answer wasn't what you wanted to hear, but it reflects the most honest and accurate information available. I hope you take that into account when deciding whether or not to accept and leave positive feedback.

That said, if you aren't fully satisfied please do not accept my answer. Instead, let me know what else I can do for you!

Finally, please know that accepting my answer does not mean our dialog is over... you can still post follow-up questions or comments afterward.

Kindest regards,
Dan T.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello, Is there any other test I can perform to help you determine the problem with out taking the tv somewhere? I am a marine mechanic and have a general idea about electronics and wiring. Let me know if I can take a look at something or test something else. Thanks Bryan