Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

My HDMI inputs have gone bad on my 46 LG LCD TV. They went

Customer Question

My HDMI inputs have gone bad on my 46" LG LCD TV. They went bad when a breaker tripped on the circuit the TV is plugged into. I've tried having the TV unlpugged an hour or so to reset and this did not help. Is it worth the cost of getting repaired or am I better off getting a receiver (HDMI3 still works).
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer

I will need the model number found on the back of the set please?

Have you tried hooking up other devices into the hdmi ports that dont work besides the one that definetly wont?

How old is the set please?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The model number is XXXXX The set is about 14 months old. I haven't tried any other devices in the ports as I don't have anything else to use.

OK sorry I just noticed hdmi 3 is working so I guess this clears this up as the devices you hook in their hdmi 3 are working here but not in the others....

The mainboard is fried i'm afraid you need to change it, you will need to get the part number off the barcode sticker on the board as their are different types, do you think you can do this?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You never really answered my question of what would be the cheaper route. I've since done the research myself. Thank you.

I never received any other reply as you can see above from you I asked if you was capable of doing this yourself then nothing? their is no cheaper route i'm afraid the mainboard needs changing

Let me know if you need more info

Many Thanks for accept/feedback