Brad Richards
Brad Richards, Technician
Experience:  35 Years as electronics technician.Current electronics service shop owner.Plasma and LCD expert.

Emerson 20 TV. Lost remote. How do you get into video

Emerson 20" TV. Lost remote. How do you get into 'video' mode from controls on front panel?
Category: TV
Expert:  Brad Richards replied 3 years ago.

Brad Richards :

Hi. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be happy to help you. Question, how old is this TV? Model number?

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
It looks as if you have tried to respond, but I did not get any information. Do you still need help? Brad
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
TV is about 7-8 yrs old. Can't find any model info on it at all. Black plastic cabinet, silver face panel. On front is "MTS/SAP"
Thank-you. Try this, using the channel down button on the front of the set, go down below channel 2, should then go to video. Let me know what happens, Brad.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nothing happens. Screen goes black for a second, then goes back to 2.
Understood. I hate to ask again, but I really need the model number off the back of the set in order to proceed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Found it! Model: EWF2006
Ok. According to the owners manual, if you go into the menu, use volume up to select "picture", then use channel up or down to select "game mode", then use volume up to turn game mode on. the set should automatically go into the video input mode. Let me know if this works, Brad
Brad Richards, Technician
Experience: 35 Years as electronics technician.Current electronics service shop owner.Plasma and LCD expert.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK. I went menu, volume up, got into picture mode, channel up went to brightness, contrast, etc. Channel down went to game mode, which was off. Volume turned game mode on, but nothing else happened, just snowy screen even tho I had an input into the s-video port. Now, my 2 year-old granddaughter can get it out of 'video' mode, and I don't know what she does to do it, but I can't get it back into video mode with the front controls. I found another remote that turns the set off and on and changes the video input, but it doesn't do anything else, no channel changing or volume control, but if that remote quits or gets lost I would think there would be a way to get into video mode with front controls. The front video input, video 2, has a plug broken off in the socket, so it can't be used. Video 1, the s-video input, works when I get to it with the remote.
When using the menu to get into game (video) mode, it automatically selects video 2, which is the front input. Without the remote, there is no way to select video 1. I know this sounds silly, but that is exactly what the manual says. you can get a new remote for this set from Encompass Parts dist. The part number is XXXXX $26.65. They also have another one which is an "Emerson miracle remote" part number MR180. It is $19.95. They are both in stock. Both of these remotes have the "game" and "input" buttons
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well, now it becomes clear. My grandaughter is turning the set off when the movie is done, and when we go to turn it back on it automatically selects Video 2 on the front, the inoperative input. Thank you for solving this mystery, and we'll just hope we never lose that remote. I wrote down the numbers of the other 2 also, just in case. Thanks
You are very welcome. if I have successfully answered your question, please "accept" so that I may be compensated for my time. Brad