Brad Richards
Brad Richards, Technician
Experience:  35 Years as electronics technician.Current electronics service shop owner.Plasma and LCD expert.

Need To Get Emerson TV Into 'Video' Mode.

Emerson 20" TV and the remote is lost.

How do you get it into 'video' mode using controls on the front panel?

Category: TV
Expert:  Brad Richards replied 5 years ago.

Question, how old is this TV? Model number?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
TV is about 7-8 yrs old. Can't find any model info on it at all. Black plastic cabinet, silver face panel. On front is "MTS/SAP"

Try this; using the channel down button on the front of the set, go down below channel 2. It should then go into video mode.

Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Nothing happens. Screen goes black for a second, then goes back to 2.

Understood. I hate to ask again, but I really need the model number off the back of the set in order to proceed.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Found it! Model: EWF2006

According to the owners manual, if you go into the menu, use volume 'up' to select 'picture', then use channel up or down to select 'game mode'. Next use volume up to turn game mode on. The set should automatically go into the video input mode.

Let me know if this works.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

OK. I went menu, volume up, got into picture mode, channel up went to brightness, contrast, etc. Channel down went to game mode, which was off. Volume turned game mode on but nothing else happened just snowy screen even though I had an input into the s-video port.

I can't get it back into video mode with the front controls. I found another remote that turns the set off and on and changes the video input but it doesn't do anything else, no channel changing or volume control, but if that remote quits or gets lost I would think there would be a way to get into video mode with front controls. The front video input, video 2, has a plug broken off in the socket, so it can't be used. Video 1, the s-video input, works when I get to it with the remote.

When using the menu to get into game (video) mode, it automatically selects video 2, which is the front input. Without the remote, there is no way to select Video 1.

I know this sounds silly but that is exactly what the manual says. You can get a new remote for this set from 'Encompass Parts' dist. The part number is ***** $26.65. They also have another one which is an "Emerson miracle remote" part number MR180, it is $19.95. They are both in stock. Both of these remotes have the "game" and "input" buttons.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well, now it becomes clear. My grandaughter is turning the set off when the movie is done, and when we go to turn it back on it automatically selects Video 2 on the front, the inoperative input. Thank you for solving this mystery, and we'll just hope we never lose that remote. I wrote down the numbers of the other 2 also, just in case. Thanks

You are very welcome.