Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My remote control for the Magnavox TB110MW9 can no longer turn

My remote control for the Magnavox TB110MW9 can no longer turn on the unit. Can this be repaired?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 5 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Initially, if it were just one button of the remote, then most likely yes as the problem would be dirt, moisture or worn carbon contacts

Offhand, there is a partial test to confirm if the remote is fully working or not. With fresh batteries, point the remote towards an active digital camera. For every press of the buttons on the remote, there should be a light that would register on the LCD screen of the camera. No light, no infrared transmission from the remote; remote faulty.

If the ON/OFF button is the only issue, then repairs may be justifiable. If however most or all of the buttons fail the camera test, then a replacement remote (NA386UD) would be required. Please click here should you be interested. As of this posting, there is still 1 in stock.

Good luck and thank you for asking.

Edited by Benimur on 12/24/2010 at 9:57 AM EST