Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair
Experience:  FCC Commercial License, Previous owner of Electronics Repair shop, 40+ years in electronic systems.

my samsung 50 plasma has a thin blue or green line running

my samsung 50" plasma has a thin blue or green line running down the middle of the screen.. can this be fixed
Category: TV
Expert:  Rod replied 5 years ago.

Is the line in the absolute middle of the screen, or slightly to one side or the other?

Is the line one colour or a mix of colours - or black?

I do not have service information for that model (I'm in the US), but can probably give you and idea if you can provide answers to those questions.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is ever so slightly to the right and is all one colour .more a green than a blue but is very thin probably the size of a pixel
Expert:  Rod replied 5 years ago.

If it is slightly off center, this could be a scan (address) card problem, and it can be repaired. The circuit board is replaced. Some models have two address cards, others have three. They run about $125 (US) plus labor for replacement. Also, if there is some color variance in the line - the Y-sustain board may cause this, more expensive to repair as the board is also replaced (about $350).

However, it could be the plasma display. Although the Plasma display can be replaced, it is cost prohibitive, a replacement Plasma display would run 2-3x the cost of a new TV.

From your description, I strongly suspect it is the plasma display. Sorry it is not good news.