Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I am trying to hook up a Sony Soundbar to my Bravia TV but

Customer Question

I am trying to hook up a Sony Soundbar to my Bravia TV but can't figure out how to make the connection work. Should I plug the HDMI cable from the soundbar into the TV? I already have it hooked up to a cable box and a Blu-Ray player.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 5 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Initially, please postback with the model numbers of the Soundbar and the TV.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Soundbar is HT-CT150, TV is a Bravia - model #KDL-42L-4000
Expert:  Louie replied 5 years ago.
Please re-confirm the TV's model number.

Offhand, the HDMI TV OUT of the Soundbar should be connected to one of the HDMI inputs of the TV. For the TV sound to be heard on the HTC-CT150, then the TV must be connected back (a second connection aside from the HDMI) solely for the sound in TV mode. On most models, this would be requiring an optical audio cable. Depending on the TV model, it would require further configuration in its Audio sub-menu to disable internal speakers and/or enable external amplifier feed through the optical connection.