Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience:  20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.
34633555

I have a Samsung LN46A630 and have severe picture quality problems.

I have a Samsung LN46A630 and have severe picture quality problems. We've worked with a qualified Samsung tech and have replaced the capacitors and have tried two new motherboards sent from Samsung with no improvement. Are there issues with the LCD screen on the A630 models?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony F. replied 6 years ago.

Anthony's TV :

Hello JA Customer I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business

Anthony's TV :

YES!

Anthony's TV :

What is your issue?

Anthony's TV :

Dark slow moving video?

Anthony's TV :

Bad panal!

Customer :

Thank you sir. The colors are all way off, blacks are very metalic looking, fuzzy picture (not crisp at all), sometimes the picture looks like a photo negative and them pops to the previous conditions when the transmission changes.

Customer :

Samsung is stating that they will replace the TV but they want to pro-rate the value byt 20% per year. If there is any factual infromation you have for me that I can give them relating to the panel,I's appreciate your input. I have heard that they put in two different types of panels that year.....one made by Samsung that has not had any problems and one that was manufatured for them by another company. I believe if I had some additional factst I could convince them to give me full value and not depreciate the value. I just want Samsung to stand behind their product that is only 1 1/2 years old. What do you think?

Anthony's TV :

so they are going to depreciate its value for 6 months?

Anthony's TV :

because the first year is covered!!

Anthony's TV :

if the tv is 1 1/2 years old they should replace it at full value

Anthony's TV :

but 10% is not much to depreciate

Anthony's TV :

for 6 months of your OOW ownership

Anthony's TV :

I have no sepcific info on this model and bad panals except what I have seen personally

Anthony's TV :

Good Luck